Your Local Port Moody & Coquitlam Kitchen Renovation Contractors
It always happens: The party ends up in the kitchen. So turn your kitchen into the open, inviting gathering space it wants to be. There is a reason the open kitchen design is so popular: it brings great flow, creates inviting ambiance and showcases your design style without compromising on functionality. Any kitchen layout from a single wall design to a large kitchen layout featuring several islands can be the setting for social interaction; from family to holiday party size. With clever use of cabinet material and styles, accents, backsplashes, appliances, islands, and custom features your kitchen will be the heart and showcase of the home no matter the size of space or party.
Kitchen Renovation Services
Kitchen Cabinets Renovations
Why be cupboards when you can be painted high gloss flat panel paired with matchstick natural stained walnut or be traditional shaker in a not so traditional Wedgwood blue? Sure they hold the plates and pots but they can also inspire you to soak in the best parts of your day like hanging out with your favourite mug in a gorgeous space that makes you happy. every. single. morning. Our Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam kitchen contractors can design and renovate your kitchen cabinets that base on your need.
Kitchen Backsplash Remodelling
It’s the compliment or the contrast, the main event or the supporting character that brings everything together. You can truly do anything here, from countertop material to ceiling high back painted glass to natural stone in a fantastic array of colors and patterns to hand made ceramics that speak to organic style. You can put any textile on the wall because the latest porcelain tiles are THAT GOOD. As Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam & Port Moody professional kitchen renovation contractor, we will help homeowner express themselves through a variety of materials, colors and textures.
Kitchen Countertops Renovations
Countertops are going to take the most wear in your kitchen so the right material choice is paramount.
- Are you hoping for white marble surfaces surrounding your kitchen cabinets, basking in natural light?
- Are you ready to let that marble bloom into a piece of fabric that tells a storey through a few stains here and there?
- Are you hoping for a forever pristine surface?
We have experienced kitchen renovation contractors will help you find that balance between form and function from the many countertop material options available.
Kitchen Hardware Upgrades
Port Moody & Coquitlam Kitchen Renovation Portfolio
Kitchen Renovation Timeline
- Planning: Work At your pace. No masterpiece was created in a rush, working at a pace that you are comfortable with, will allow you to create your dream kitchen.
- Finding a Contractor: Work at your own pace as well. A good contractor is very important because they are the ones who will be working on your kitchen. Consider referrals, meetings, cost determination, and if the contractor can successfully do the renovations within your timeline.
- Finalize Design Process: 1-4 weeks. This depends on you and the scope of your renovation project. You want to know what you want before you begin.
- Ordering Products: 1-2 months. Order early in the process. Products take time to select, coordinate and come in after they have been ordered.
- Structural Changes/ Demolition: 2-3 days or 2-3 months. The time frame varies between every renovation. If it is a simple renovation it will be shorter apposed to a full demolish of the walls.
- Rough-in Utilities: 2-5 days over 2 weeks. This is when you can move your dishwasher, stove, or refrigerator.
- Painting Ceilings, walls and trim: 2-3 days. Painting is much more difficult when cabinets are in the way. Be sure to paint before you install the cabinetry and allow time for drying and touch-ups.
- Flooring Install: 1-2 days. Installation of your flooring depends on the type of flooring you have selected and whether or not you are having a professional installer or if you are doing a DIY installation.
- Cabinet Install: 2-4 days. Cabinet installation is determined by who is doing the installation (professional or yourself). The more cabinets you have, the longer the process will be.
- Countertop Measurement: 1 day. Pre-schedule your countertop vendor to stay within your time limit. They might only be available one or two days out of the week to come to your house and measure the countertop and cabinetry order.
- Appliance Install Part 1: 1-2 days. You want to make sure that your utility connections are ready to install your built-in appliances and ventilation is ready for use.
- Install Lighting: 1-4 weeks. Lighting can be easy to do on your own, but consulting a professional is recommended.
- Countertop Fabricated: 1-2 days. Delivery times may vary by material. This could take as little as 5 days or could be as long as 1 month.
- Countertop Installation: 1-2 days. The timeline may differ based on the materials you’ve chosen.
- Backsplash Install: 1-2 days. Appliance Install Part 2- 1-2 days. This time limit varies depending on your utility type (gas or electric), and any final adjustments.
- Finish Carpentry: 2-4 days. There are many details that need to be finalized to fully complete your kitchen remodelling. Allow up to 1 week for any finishing touches.
Total Renovation Time 3-6 months
Renovation and remodel are often used interchangeably however a remodel refers to a complete change in infrastructure to your home to accommodate a new space. Depending on the age and size of your home, this may be your answer for the kitchen you’re looking for. Older homes didn’t centralize the kitchen as they are designed now, either closing them off or not giving kitchens the opportunity for lots of natural light and flow. It may be time to consider a kitchen remodel to install your new kitchen in a different region of the home or merging two rooms like the kitchen and dining room maximizing efficiency and size of the most commonly used space in the home.
What will require for kitchen remodel?
- Structural and infrastructure changes like movement of your plumbing lines, likely the addition of new ones for that second sink in the island.
- Moving your HVAC to accommodate the new cooktop range hood.
- The movement of walls including their structural reinforcements.
- The Kitchen Renovation Permit in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam (Depends on the situation)
It’s a big job but as the hub of the household, one that always pay off. You’ll get the use and experience after kitchen renovation that you were hoping for and when you look to sell the home, get that value back in the sale price.
Kitchen Remodelling Tips
- Creating a checklist is a smart way to stay efficient. On the checklist you should have your budget goals, what you would like to add or replace in your kitchen, picking a contractor and what finishing touches you want.
- The Work Triangle-The fridge, oven and stove combo and sink are the heart of the kitchen and the first thing that guests will see. The triangle layout minimizes the number of stops you make during cooking and preparation tasks. The distance between the three focal points is important in creating a systematic workspace. 12 to 27 feet is the recommended distance between each appliance when your kitchen isle is at a minimum of 48 inches wide.
- Check for needed permits and restrictions before starting the renovations.
- Prepare a schedule for the renovations so you have an idea of how long you should be expecting the process to take.
- Follow these 3 R’s to keep your contractors working hard and happy. 1. Provide REFRESHMENTS. It can be as simple as having water bottles or coffee for everyone. 2. Stay RESPONSIBLE and out of the way as the workers are working hard to stay in your time goal. 3. Show RESPECT for the workers rebuilding your dream kitchen.
- Lighting is important. Having good lighting in your kitchen will transform it to be a “WOW” factor.
Kitchen Design in Port Moody
Our job is to make sure your needs, wants, look and feel are clearly detailed into the design for your new kitchen. To achieve this, you will need to walk us through
- How you currently use your old kitchen, both daily and in large gatherings?
- What are the deficiencies and bottlenecks that are driving you to renovate?
- Discuss the feeling or experience you’re looking for after your kitchen has been renovated
- Are you done with the heavy wood and dark countertops, ready to see light bouncing and warm metal hardware, or would you prefer a more moody, glamorous stage for cooking and entertaining?
- Maybe you’re open to having your kitchen look more like a living space that ties to your great room with similar aesthetic and flow?
We put all of your information together, combine it with our experience, knowledge and vision to create a presentation that includes the new kitchen function, form and flow as your new proposed kitchen design. Together we continue to review it until we arrive at your final kitchen design. Congratulations, you are officially on your way to kitchen bliss with map in hand and fabulous gatherings on the horizon! No matter what renovation kitchen design you are looking for, our Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam kitchen contractor will do the best for you.
Which Kitchen Cabinet Options Should I Consider?
There is so much variety of choice when it comes to kitchen cabinets. While you can opt for the traditional style of cabinets with shelves and doors, you can also consider styles that improve organization and efficiency. For instance, styles that include full extension drawers are a great option for your kitchen renovation. You will never have to worry about losing another pan, pot, or utensil again. Alternatively, we also offer the “drawer within a drawer” feature to keep your kitchenware organized and accessible. However, if you’re looking for even more space, floor to ceiling pantry cabinets with added pull-out drawers are easy to upkeep, making food storage simple and manageable.
What Backsplash Materials Do You Suggest?
Backsplashes are a great way to customize your kitchen without investing too much time, money, or resources. You can add a ton of personality to your space with marble, glass, stone, or ceramic backsplashes. All of which are available in a variety of shapes and colour combinations.
When choosing your backsplash material for your kitchen renovation, it’s important to consider your ideal level of upkeep and maintenance. For example, if you’re looking for a low-fuss, durable option, choosing porcelain tile over marble will require less upkeep due to the minimal number of grout joints.
Of course, you must consider your ideal aesthetic when choosing a kitchen backsplash. Do you prefer a busier, more intricate backsplash or the seamless effect that a large format tile or slab gives? Whichever your preference, our kitchen renovation contractors have the solutions.
Should I Consider Lighting as a Priority in My Kitchen Redesign?
Absolutely! Overhead lighting is often overlooked in a kitchen renovation, despite its massive impact on the finished product. Ideally, your space will include a combination of overhead lighting to effectively brighten up your kitchen. From a central light fixture or perimeter recessed LED pot lights to a pendant light fixture over a kitchen island, your redesign lends many options for lighting creativity.
To brighten up your counter space, consider invisible, under-cabinet LED lighting. These remote controlled, dimmable lights offer crisp and customizable illumination. Or if you really want to bring your lighting to new levels, LED strip lighting can be installed inside your drawers, turning on and off automatically as you open and close it.
What are Suitable Flooring Options For My Kitchen?
The most suitable flooring options for your kitchen renovation is entirely dependent on our home’s layout and needs. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, porcelain tile offers durability and longevity. However, if you keep an open floorplan where the kitchen shares space with other rooms (e.g., living room, dining room, etc.) it’s most desirable to have a continuous flow with your flooring. Suitable flooring options include high quality laminate, luxury vinyl plank, and traditional or engineered hardwood.