Basement Finishing & Renovation Contractor Vancouver
A finished basement is a great addition to any home in the Vancouver area. There are plenty of reasons why you may consider having your basement finished or renovated. You may be looking to expand the living space in your home, or you might be seeking a way to increase the overall value of your property. For whatever reason you decide to get your basement finished, the team of professionals at Craftsmen Contracting are ready to get the job done to your complete satisfaction. We have a great deal of experience when it comes to finishing basements in Vancouver homes, and we will make sure your basement renovation is completed on time, on budget, and to your exact specifications.
Planning a Finished Basement
A basement renovation of any size is usually going to be a big job. Not only will the actual work require significant time and materials, there is also a great deal of planning that goes into creating a finished basement. As a result, there are a few things home owners should consider before they start their search for the right contractor for the job.
- What kind of function are you looking to get out of your new basement space?
- Is it meant to be recreational?
- Will you need any additional plumbing for things like a basement bathroom or bar sink?
- Is there lots of humidity in your basement?
- Does it get very cold downstairs during the winter months?
With help from one of our friendly contractors at Craftsmen Contracting, we will be able to put you on the right track throughout the planning stage. This will not only make it easier for us to create an accurate projection of the renovation cost, it will also help you get a solid idea of what you want the finished project to look like. No matter what, you can always feel free to communicate any questions or concerns you may have during planning and the actual construction process.
Basement Renovation Tips and Considerations
If you are unsure about what may be involved in a basement renovation, we have prepared a few helpful tips and things to consider when deciding what you want to include in your finished basement.
- Increase overhead space by installing recessed light fixtures that won’t hang down from the ceiling.
- Basements are often the coolest areas of your home throughout the year. By installing a fireplace downstairs you can make sure your basement remains comfortable year round.
- Adding or expanding a bathroom in the basement is a great way to increase the value of your home.
- For more privacy and comfort in a basement bedroom, you might consider soundproofing the ceiling in your newly finished basement.
- Consider the size of furniture, appliances or equipment you would like to keep in your basement. Will the existing entry ways allow these items to be brought downstairs, or should you consider expanding any doorways or stairwells?
For more helpful tips and advice for your basement renovation, be sure to contact the friendly experts at Craftsmen Contracting today. We are ready to assist with any design, construction or home renovation project you may have, and we are pleased to offer free estimates on all of our work. Contact us today to get started on your next project!