Basement Finishing & Renovation Contractor in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam
A finished basement is a great addition to any home in the Tri-Cities Area (cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody). There are plenty of reasons why you may consider having your basement finished or renovated. You may be looking to expand the living space in your home, or you might be seeking a way to increase the overall value of your property. For whatever reason you decide to get your basement finished, the team of professionals at Craftsmen Contracting are ready to get the job done to your complete satisfaction. We have a great deal of experience when it comes to finishing basements in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam homes, and we will make sure your basement renovation is completed on time, on budget, and to your exact specifications.
Planning a Finished Basement
A basement renovation of any size is usually going to be a big job. Not only will the actual work require significant time and materials, there is also a great deal of planning that goes into creating a finished basement. As a result, there are a few things home owners should consider before they start their search for basement contractors for the job.
- What kind of function are you looking to get out of your new basement space?
- Is it meant to be recreational?
- Will you need any additional plumbing for things like a basement bathroom or bar sink?
- Is there lots of humidity in your basement?
- Does it get very cold downstairs during the winter months?
With help from one of our friendly renovation contractors at Craftsmen Contracting, we will be able to put you on the right track throughout the planning stage. This will not only make it easier for us to create an accurate projection of the renovation cost, it will also help you get a solid idea of what you want the finished project to look like. No matter what, you can always feel free to communicate any questions or concerns you may have during planning and the actual construction process.
Basement Renovation Tips and Considerations
If you are unsure about what may be involved in a basement renovation, we have prepared a few helpful tips and things to consider when deciding what you want to include in your finished basement.
- Increase overhead space by installing recessed light fixtures that won't hang down from the ceiling.
- Basements are often the coolest areas of your home throughout the year. By installing a fireplace downstairs you can make sure your basement remains comfortable year round.
- Adding or expanding a bathroom or legal basement suite in the basement is a great way to increase the value of your home in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam.
- For more privacy and comfort in a basement bedroom, you might consider soundproofing the ceiling in your newly finished basement.
- Consider the size of furniture, appliances or equipment you would like to keep in your basement. Will the existing entry ways allow these items to be brought downstairs, or should you consider expanding any doorways or stairwells?
For more helpful tips, advices and basement renovation ideas for your basement, be sure to contact the friendly experts at Craftsmen Contracting today. We are ready to assist with any design, construction or basement renovation project you may have, and we are pleased to offer free estimates on all of our work. Contact us today to get started on your next project!
Affordable Basement Renovation Service
For affordable basement renovations in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam, Craftsmen Contracting offers a variety of services:
- Demolition, recycling, disposal
- Tub and shower Installation
- Vanity and countertops
- Electrical services
- Mirror installation and various accessories
- Drywall preparation
- Fire-resistant insulation
- Kitchen, bathroom, and ensuite construction
How much does it cost to renovate a 1000 square foot basement?
Let’s take a look at the renovation costs per square foot. On average, basement renovations in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam range from $120 - $250 per square foot. With this in mind, an average 1000 square foot basement renovation might range between $120,000 - $250,000. Of course, careful planning and consideration are necessary prior to beginning a basement renovation.
How much value does a renovated basement add to a property in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam?
When looking into the how much a renovation costs per square foot in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam, it’s good to know that your investment will pay off in the long run. Typically, homes that undergo basement renovations in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Port Coquitlam are worth an additional $1000 – $3000/month when rented out. That, or a renovated basement can add an additional 70% of the renovation costs on top of the sale price. Therefore, however much your basement renovations cost, the additional value your home gains offsets the investment nicely.
Craftsmen Contracting Ltd
314-255 Newport Drive
Port Moody, BC
V3H 5H1, Canada
Phone: (778) 989-7252